Rug pads help extend the life of a rug by supporting the fibers with cushioning; this helps prevent wear patterns. Another reason for a good rug pad is to keep its shape and avoid a tripping hazard. We recommend pads according to the flooring type, size, and rug construction. Below are the types of pads that we carry and our recommendations. If you would like us to help you decide on the right pad, please call (650) 343-0929, and we can help you make the right choice.
Dura-hold pad is perfect for wood, tile, & hard surfaces. It is used on rugs that are typically 4 x 6 and larger. Depending on the construction, it can be utilized on smaller rugs and runners.
- THE PADDING:
Needle-punched Synthetic fiber construction prevents decomposition and shredding, minimizing mildew and odors even if damp.
- VERSATILITY: This pad protects any oriental or other area rug laid over any hard surface floor – wood, tile, stone, brick, terrazzo, laminate, etc.- including highly waxed and polished surfaces.
- HYPOALLERGENIC: 100% synthetic, the chemically inert padding contains NO plant or animal fibers to decompose, outgas, or aggravate allergies.
- THE SURFACE: Thermal-set ridges on the upper surface, in an exclusive pattern of chevrons running in multiple directions, enable the pad to grip the rug more effectively and prevents lateral motion in ANY direction.
- THE BACKING: Superior natural latex rubber formulation in a new, exclusive hexagonal “tire tread” pattern, plus more rubber in actual contact with any bare floor, no matter how slippery, and provides the highest degree of non-slip traction.
The double grip is perfect for wood, tile, & hard surfaces. We use them on rugs that are typically 4 x 6 and smaller for runners. It can be used on larger rugs depending on the construction and purpose. It is excellent if you have issues with door clearance or problems with wall-to-wall carpets.
- – Double Grip is a low profile, high-performance, needle punch, rubber-backed, non-slip rug pad with maximum gripping power. It works with both rugs on hard surfaces and rugs on wall-to-wall carpets.
- – Double Grip is an economical solution without compromising quality and is perfect for applications that do not require extra cushion. It is designed for use under rugs of any kind and helps prevent slipping and rugs from getting ripples.